Sunday, January 3, 2010

First step toward positives...

If you read my resolutions, I am trying to be more positive this year. I've seen way too much whining and bitching and if I can do my own small part to change, it will be a better world, at least that world around me.

I hate the term "star" being used for a celebrity. Star insinuates that that person is better than the rest of us, and it doesn't seem to me that because someone can carry a tune or memorize a few lines, he is better than someone who risks his life for the betterment of others. A true star to me is someone who puts others needs first and makes sacrifices to make this a better world.

Saying that, I want to introduce a true star in my mind. My friend Nicole is on her way to Buffalo, New York right now to donate a kidney for a friend. This is not simple surgery, as she will be putting off her training, and setting many of her own personal goals aside to help a friend truly in need, including waiting an entire six months before pursuing her RKC certification. Nicole is a star in my book.

Think about that sacrifice the next time someone asks you for a favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment