Saturday, June 20, 2009

The family gets bigger

The first two weeks of summer are notoriously my busiest of the year. My high school kids are trying to move from afterschool sessions to morning sessions. My college kids are trying to get in in the afternoon (Presumably when they get out of bed!). And my parent clients are moving to the mornings because they no longer have to get kids ready for school. It makes for a pretty hectic week, as I usually don't know whether I am coming or going.


Add to that my kettlebell classes, which are now in three locations, and my work with the Gahanna High School Ice Hockey team, which adds 42 boys to my mix.


It is a good problem to have, considering many people in this country are looking for work.


But here it is Saturday morning, and I finally had a chance to come up for air! At least for a day or so, and then it is back to the weekly cycle.


Last week, I blogged about Joel, who was going through the RKC certification. Well, I am happy to report that Joel kicked some serious butt up in St. Paul (along with having his own kicked a few times), and he is now a member of the RKC family. Cat and I had no doubts about him making it because of his dedication and commitment to excellence, and we are very happy to have him as a student and a Comrade. Congratulations Joel.

Our second RKC candidate student, Cara, will be attending the San Diego certification in August. And she has three of us beating on her! No doubt she will do us proud as well.
I would also like to congratulate all the other RKCs who survived last weekend. I'm sure you "enjoyed" the process as much as we did, and look forward to inflicting pain on many other unsuspecting victims. Welcome to the family.


No comments:

Post a Comment